Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Stuff Dreams are Made Of: Maltese Falcon Update

I thought that I'd provide an update to all my fellow Maltese Falcon fans. In case an original Maltese Falcon prop statuette used in the film was on the top of your Christmas list, well, hate to break it to you, but you better take it off. I know, it's a tragedy (what will I ask for Christmas now?). But last week, in a classic film memorabilia auction sponsored by Turner Classic Movies, one of the two original Falcons was up for bid. It was sold at a winning price of over 4 MILLION DOLLARS.
In case you were wondering, I think that amount is more than the "unbelievable value" that Gutman placed on the real Maltese Falcon in 1941. You know, the golden statuette encrusted with jewels. It seems that owning the Falcon is, indeed, the stuff dreams are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...