Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Edith Head!

This morning, Google alerted me that it was the fabulous Edith Head's birthday. As you know, I appreciate a great costume design just as much, if not more, than the next guy, and I absolutely love Edith Head's designs. Maybe because she was able to match the elegance of her leading ladies with her gorgeous clothes. Or maybe it was those subtle sophisticated touches that exist only in bygone times. Regardless, I'm a huge fan.

I've included some pictures and links to films I've posted about that Edith Head designed for. The posts are not about her designs, but in case you were just in an Edith kind of mood, you could read about some of her filmography. Of course, you'll only be reading about very little of it on here because her career was so esteemed and respected, the list of her credits stretches from ceiling to floor. No matter- I hope you enjoy the links, or at least the pictures, and have a fabulous day!

Grace Kelly's Costumes in Rear Window


Kim Novak's Costumes in Vertigo




Anne Baxter's Costumes in The Ten Commandments


And of course, I'd be amiss if I didn't include my post about her cartoon-homage...
Edna Mode in The Incredibles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...