Saturday, October 5, 2013

Disney Tea Cozies: Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971) and Mary Poppins (1964)

This is perhaps the most random post I've ever done, but I thought I should share this. I was looking through old Disney publicity shots for Mary Poppins and I came upon this great picture of Julie Andrews (as Mary Poppins) having tea with Walt Disney. And when I looked down at the teapot, I recognized the "tea cozy" around the pot. It's the very same tea cozy that would appear in Eglantine Price's kitchen Bedknobs and Broomsticks a few years later. I absolutely love both films- they're perhaps my favorite two Disney movies and Angela and Julie are some of my favorite stars. Out of love, I'm sharing these shots- enjoy!
Mary Poppins (1964)

Bedknobs and Broomstick (1971)
On another tea-related note, Angela Lansbury, the star of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, would late play Mrs. Potts, the talking teapot in Beauty and the Beast. And I think that exhausts this random Disney-related teapot post!

Beauty and the Beast (1991)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...